Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Boi's Birthday Week

I'm awful, Peanut is sitting on the floor next to me playing a counting game on his iPad. But I have so much prep to do, and I'm procrastinating by looking up recipes. That's right, it's birthday week! Boi's birthday week that is. Mine was pretty damn good, I had to beat down some stress and a severe introvertism flare up, but at the end of the day I was a happy girl.

Peanut's gone through a lot of change lately. He's got 16 teeth now (just cut 2) and grew a half an inch. Yesterday's new thing was meowing at the cats, today's new thing was sitting on the chair and saying 'around' to get me to spin him. :) I love that the new stuff is coming faster. He's such a great kid, and he rocks at throwing, climbing, stepping down off of high things, running, and he really wishes he could jump, just hasn't quite figured it out yet. He can kind of do it, but it's more of a running jump, not a push off with both feet jump.

Oh yeah, Boi. Tomorrow morning is strawberry banana pancakes. I'm going to make the batter tonight so the flavors can really seep in. Then I'm making homemade pasta dough tonight too, and tomorrow we'll have that for lunch before work, which I will send him off with zucchini bread... which I'm also planning on making tonight.... ok, if one has to go, it'll be making the pancake dough tonight. Oh yeah, I'm going to cheat for half a day. It's so hard to stay wheat free all the time. I'm best off without it, but I can't make this stuff and not sample it.

On Wednesday we're actually celebrating. I might make pancakes again... I don't know, I haven't figured out a second breakfast. Maybe a fancy egg dish, I can try the maple souffle. Then we'll have Grandma B's fluff somewhere in there, and I was thinking ratatouille. I got the eggplant at the farmer's market and the summer squash appeared today (Thank you Herc!). If it wasn't so stupidly hot, we'd have chili for dinner. But 90 degree weather doesn't sound like chili, so I'm thinking corn on the cob, it should last two more days I think? I'll make lots of pasta dough so we can always have a side of some herby pasta. I also plan on putting happy post-it notes up all over the house, make him keep pulling them down from everywhere and get happies.

He's in bed now, a little earlier then I planned, but he spilled his milk, then sat in it, so his diaper was soaking wet. Rather then put a new one on for 20 minutes... I had to really drag out story time though, as he wanted out of the tub 5 seconds after he got in. So I let him run around and we read 3 loooooooong stories.

This was from Friday, we were playing catch. Turns out Peanut just wanted to officiate though.


No comments:

Post a Comment