Thursday, July 24, 2014

What's in space, Peanut?

Helping me try on glasses
So yesterday, upon coming home from school, we inquired what he learned in school. Didn't get a "correct" response, that's normal. (He starts listing off his friends - T and Sweetie Pie) But the school has started to supply us with key words for the day, and they're having a space week, so we looked at the list, it was pretty basic, and idly asked what could he find in space?

For the first time, my little munchkin responded correctly. "Moon." Mouth agape. What else Peanut? "Stars."

Holy crap mun. He's growing up!


He's learning how to play on toys differently at school, and he's getting so brave. Like here, where he scaled up the side of the play house in the neighbors yard. Never seen him do that before!

Today he's going on a field trip to the splash pad! We'll see how that goes - there's a train that goes around it and the last time we went... he didn't even get wet he was so distracted? Did I blog that already? I feel like I did, so moving on.

He's been extra cranky. Some days are worse then others, but like 4/7 days a week we get Sir Crankster. Last night was Sir Crankster. His crying was my soundtrack for the evening.  Teeth cut through - fast please! We're totally mostly through on #19 but #20 still is just teeny points, best I can tell.

His favorite books right now are The Very Hungry Caterpillar (when we get to the page with ALL the food, he pretends to eat it all) The it's a toss up, maybe a Spot book or a Train book, and the last two nights he's asked for The Runaway Bunny, which is completely new for him, I like it when he enjoys a new story. We let him choose who's going to read each book, I'm the clear favorite ;) So usually we have Daddy read the final book regardless of what he wants.

Shoot, I just realized that we didn't cross out anything on our Baby E calendar this morning. He's coming on Saturday!!

Got to get his room cleaned up still. I don't want to spend a ton of time in there yet, on Saturday I'll need to strip the bed and change the sheets for our guests anyways. That's right, Peanut will be camping out in our room! Asked the school to stick his sleeping bag in his cubby after his nap for me, we'll see if he stays in it, or if he ends up climbing into our bed. But I can be hopeful :) I leave to pick him up in about 2 hours, I'm excited to see if he's just a bundle of excitement. And words. And all sorts of stuff <3

I have to start dinner soon, I feel like we've been eating it a ton, but I've got leftover ingredients for ratatouille, so I might as well use them. Get everything prepped so I can just throw it in the oven when we get back home. Peanut doesn't like the pieces, but he likes it pureed over rice. And I like it without rice and Daddy... likes it with rice, a sandwich, cookies and maybe a plate of spaghetti (have I mentioned how much he eats?) So it should work out fine.

I've still got a ton to do before time's up, I've barely even touched work. So much to doooooooooooooo~! But here, in honor of his trip to the splash pad today, here's a video of him chasing the train that goes around it, instead of playing in the water.



1 comment:

  1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vifqXeITcvE

    SPAAAAAAACE!

    ReplyDelete